Friday, December 2, 2011

Back to Square One...

I know it's been a while since I posted on the blog, and for that I'm sorry. It's been a wild time at home keeping up with everyone's needs! Fiance is now back to work, so I don't have nearly as much time to myself as I used to. Feeding, cleaning, chasing and raising two small toddlers as well as taking care of the dog, cat, dragon, rats and the many tanks takes up excessive time and effort! This morning alone I picked up 20lbs of Cat Food off my floors (thank you Leah), and a family sized box of froot loops off my computer chair (again, you shouldn't have!) and finally 2 gallons of treated tank water off my kitchen floor (OK Leah, I just mopped after the cat food incident!). Sigh.

But I'm back today, taking a break before I have to tear my kitchen apart!

A little update:

There's been a lot happening recently with the Bettas. First, we picked up a gorgeous Yellow and White Dragon VT at the pet store, Sheldon. Sadly, Sheldon did not make it :(

Rest Peacefully Sheldon

We took poor Sheldon back to the store for a replacement. Wonderful young man at the store was OK with me bringing Sheldon back home to be buried with the others. We picked up Gadget, a Multi (Green/Blue/Red) CT boy. He is so small, so feisty and very very affectionate. He's a great addition to our home!

Gadget

Then, we found Columnaris on our precious Yoshe. Sadly, it was quite aggressive, and although we were successful in removing it - she was unable to recover from the injury it left behind.

Rest Peacefully Yoshe

And lastly, after Yoshe's passing, we picked up two new girls who have yet to be named. For now we will call them Cello and Cambo. Both are VT girls, one being Cellophane (to my knowledge, we'll see how TLC effects her coloring) while the other is a Red Cambodian. Both are doing well, in QT and waiting to be added to our sorority.

Cello

Cambo

And our last news? We are no longer planning to breed Spidey and his sister, Tatsu/Kaida. Sadly, I have noticed Spidey has some serious vision issues and depth perception loss. His sister, Kaida, has shown some Diamond Eye (where the Dragon scaling merges down over an eye) and since this is something that most happens with a history of spawn breedings in a fish, I feel it would be irresponsible of me to continue this line. I am however open to cross breeding one of these two with another unrelated fish. At this time, this breeding is off. I am unsure where I will go from here, without my crowntail female, I cannot breed crowntails. With my Dragon pair having eye issues, I cannot breed them either. My only option is mixing, and I don't know how I quite feel about that just yet. I am sure some Halfmoon/Crowntails would be swell to have, but unsure!

So yes, this is what's been going on out our home as of late. Purchasing some Atison's Betta Pro and Fry Starter this week, got my Indian Almond Leaves in the mail last week. The Bettas will surely be some happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment